Monday, February 11, 2008

First Haircut

On Friday, before our family photos on Sunday, N went for his first haircut. I didn't think he had enough to cut really, except for the crazy long hair over his ears.
R's barber was mentioning the last time R was in that it was about time. So, since R was getting his hair cut anyway, we brought N along.

Lou was really great. He already had an envelope marked to save some of N's hair (not something I would have done, but very thoughtful) and was wonderful with N. Actually, it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be. I was expecting lots of tears and one little boy quickly making his way off the chair. Instead, he sat on my lap and was quite happy with the whole thing. Although he kept turning his head around to see just what Lou was doing back there.

The cut looks great, and Lou did cut quite a bit of hair off. Again, who knew N had that much to cut!

2 comments:

Albert Bannatyne said...

But part of the fun of having a boy is cutting his hair yourself, at home... getting him to stop wriggling for a second... straightening out the front and having it end up like Ernie evening up the cookies... and who knew a tiny little nick in the ear would bleed so much? :-)

Where's the JPG?

Nenette Alejandria Mayor said...

yeah, when I gave the boy a haircut, I got his ear. what a gusher!

he acknowledges that he wriggled, but he still doesn't trust me near his head with a pair of scissors. :)