Wednesday, July 2, 2008

First Camping Trip

For part of the Canada day long weekend, we decided to go camping. Since it was to be N's first camping trip, we only went for one evening. And because we planned it last minute, we didn't get there until after 7pm and were attacked by mosquitoes. Or, R and I were. N didn't seem to get bothered at all. I think I was more vigilant with the bug spray on him than on me. We picked up some natural stuff last year from Heartsease. It works well if you reapply quite frequently. I did that for N, but got lazy with myself.

N had a great time. He played with his beach toys at the site, putting gravel into the buckets. If he wasn't doing that, he was trying to grab the mosquito coils. We tried to keep him away from them, but eventually he grabbed one by the smoking end and got a bit of a burn.

Then in the morning after pancakes, we went to the beach. We all had fun playing in the sand. R and I would start a castle and N would tear it down. He also liked filling his buckets with water and pouring them onto the sand. We tried to go swimming, until N tripped and got his face wet. He wasn't too interested after that.

Now, if we can just get our camping gear to a more mangeable size...

No comments: