Sunday, November 9, 2008

Halloween

OK, so this post is a bit late...

This year, N was going to be at daycare for Halloween, so a costume was required. The kids have a Halloween parade in the cafeteria at work. It's really cute. Lots of staff fill the caf and the kids make a few rounds to show off their costumes. Then they get to visit some of the other floors, where treats are waiting for them.

I knew I should have made a dog costume for N, but when I saw the Wizard of Oz pattern, I couldn't resist making the scarecrow for him to wear. After all my work (it's been a while since I've been sewing) N would have no part of it.

Daycare managed to get the top and pants on him, but there was no way he would wear the hat. At home, I didn't even bother trying. He ran to the door for each trick-or-treater, and got mad when I gave them some of the chocolate.... yeah, he learned all about chocolate this halloween. And he's been asking for it almost daily since.

We did go to a party the next night. I got the hat on long enough for Dad to get a photo. Of the scarecrow trying to rip his own head off.

No comments: