Friday, November 7, 2008

Snow

Well, today was the first snow day. Sticky snow. Good snowball snow.

I was both looking forward to snow and dreading it. I imagined us playing in the snow - rolling around in it, but I know how much N hates to wear extra clothes. Any clothes really. And you need to wear clothes in the snow.

There was no easing into snow gear this year either, as we went from dry land to winter wonderland overnight. To make matters worse, it was a work day for me, so there was no choice but to get into snow gear first thing in the morning.

Yes there was yelling. Crying. Attempted rending of clothes. Eventually I stuffed N into a jacket and boots and off we went. Sad thing is, we didn't even get to enjoy the snow, as we went straight to daycare. I'm very sorry about that. At least the daycare took the kids out later in the day.

I'm hoping he'll soon get used to all the extra winter gear. Dad can't wait to go tobogganing.

No comments: